​​​Hablamos  Español

Some examples of individuals who need ITINs include:

    • A nonresident alien required to file a U.S. tax return
    • A U.S. resident alien (based on days present in the United States) filing a U.S. tax return
    • A dependent or spouse of a U.S. citizen/resident alien
    • A dependent or spouse of a nonresident alien visa holder

​​​Call Now:

(347) 947-4400

IRS issues ITINs to help individuals comply with the U.S. tax laws, and to provide a means to efficiently process and account for tax returns and payments for those not eligible for Social Security Numbers (SSNs).

For more information on how to obtain your ITIN. Click Here

ITIN Certifying Acceptant Agents

Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)’s are issued regardless of immigration status because both resident and nonresident aliens may have a U.S. filing or reporting requirement under the Internal Revenue Code. ITIN is a tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). IRS issues ITINs to individuals who are required to have a U.S. taxpayer identification number but who do not have, and are not eligible to obtain a Social Security Number (SSN) from the Social Security Administration (SSA). If you do not have a SSN and are not eligible to obtain a SSN, but you have a requirement to furnish a federal tax identification number or file a federal income tax return, you must apply for an ITIN. But if you have an application for a SSN pending, do not file for an ITIN. Complete forms for an ITIN only if the Social Security Administration (SSA) notifies you that a SSN cannot be issued; after you have submitted your application for SSN.